A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, February 19, 2016

Breakfast in the Bush

Less than 2 million people live in the country of Botswana, but lots of animals do, and the folks in this country take their "Big Five" very seriously. This is a great attribute to have for many in the world to enjoy these majestic animals. But to get to them while visiting on a camping adventure, breakfast starts the day off at 5:30 am or so (wake up call is 5:00am!) From what I could tell, lots of game "came alive" between 7:45-9:00 am, before the heat of the day settled in. It is pretty amazing that three meals a day were cooked on an open fire (braai), in which they were all quite delicious and plentiful!

BSoleille! The bright side of a bush breakfast!

Terri



No comments: