A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Reliving a Moment

Ahh, I feel I am finally caught up with all that jet lag, and NOT going to bed at 6:00pm any longer.  So to get me back in the swing of things, I got out for a run with the dogs yesterday, and spent today's "snow day" inside working on all my photos from South Africa (and cleaned up my laptop's desktop!)
I am grateful to have made the trek and squealed in delight with some of the photos I took while there.  Interestingly,  I could not tell how good or bad they were (unless they were really blurry) because the camera has this plastic protective shield on the back of it where photos can be displayed, and there is no telling the clarity of the photos until they are downloaded onto the computer.  So, I carried on and kept snapping away.  I figured a few would turn out great, and it did not disappoint.

So as my life gets back to "normal", and with the quilt show just three weeks away, I am glad to have the photo project somewhat "manageable", so I could eventually work on a photo book of the travels to that great country of South Africa!

I must admit, I took lots of photos of elephants, and I plan on posting many of those intermittently throughout the rest of 2015.  I will try to keep that wild African spirit alive as long as possible!

BSoleille!
Terri

Photos of Mandela Square in Sandton, South Africa and a cute lion from Madikwe Game Reserve!

No comments: