A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, December 1, 2014

"If Every Day Was Like Christmas"

Last week when "The Best Daughter" was home on break we jumped into her car for an errand and lo and behold, the blaring gritty voice coming out of the speakers was none other than Bruce Springsteen. I about fell over and promptly asked her why. She replied that one of her friends Dad listens to him and thought she may like it as well (both the friend and TBD). She also said "her generation's" music is just not the same as the music I listened to when I was her age (22 years old). 

Fast forward to today when I loaded my CD player (I know, old school), with my favorite Christmas music. And in my humble opinion, the best of the best is hands down Elvis Presley's "If Every Day was Like Christmas". Gospel, R&B, Rock, and Ballad, Elvis covers it all, and truly so beautifully with each and every note. Love. It. 

BSoleille! The bright side of yet another generation's music -the "King" - Elvis. 



No comments: