A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Last "Race" of the Season


A reasonable 10:00am start for the Annapolis Strider 15K was a great way to kickstart the morning. Apparently, this event is run with less than desirable weather, but not today, and I was thankful it was clear and dry. About seven miles in, all I could think about was a hot shower and a nap once home, even though we were running through the beautiful Quiet Waters Park in Annapolis, Maryland. 

However, once I turned on my street, smack dab in front of me were men and work trucks parked everywhere and a big hole dug out on the street. At first I thought this could not be good, but also did not think this would affect me. Haha to that thought but muscled my way through the "maze" anyways. 

Of course once in the house I beelined to take that one thing that kept me going- hot shower!  I got all the sweaty wet clothes off, leaned in to turn on the hot and cold water....and nothing came out!
Well, I thought if I put on a lot of dry clothes I will warm up and postpone that delectable, er elusive (by this point) shower. (Those darn trucks and water break!)

I was just about dressed, and for the heck of it, tried the water one more time and it WORKED!  A yippee moment for sure. All was right in the world once more. 

BSoleille!  The bright side of that second thought -a much deserved nap!!!

Photo of fellow Croftonite Rich Flanagan and me. 


No comments: