A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Breaking Bad

I must admit that the reason I am not reading as much as I am used to is the fact I am watching, rather "binge" watching, great shows on the ever popular Netflix!  This Netflix format without commercials cannot be beat!  "Breaking Bad" is my third series I have tuned into over the last year and a half (the others being, "Friday Night Lights and "Glee") and this terrific series is by far my favorite.  It is a 5 year series that had a great cast, impeccable writing and directing, very dry humor (think Quentin Quarentino flicks), and the fact it was incredibly entertaining yet made you think.  The main character is a brilliant high school chemistry teacher, Walter White, who was diagnosed with lung cancer and went so awry and very bad throughout the show, becoming a drug kingpin who manufactured the purest  crystal meth in the world (making millions), but destroying many people (including those he loved most), both physically and mentally, throughout the show.  I guess writer/director, Vince Gilligan,  considered this series a "western", as it was set in Albuquerque, New Mexico, with lots of guns and shoot outs that bridged the old westerns of yesteryear to the way "business" is done today.  As Walter White was so bad, the "heart" of the series was his partner in the lab and the "business of producing "the" blue meth", Jesse Pinkman.  It really was an emotionally invested show for me, but I loved it!  What a wild ride....

BSoleille!  The bright side of a fantastic series completed.

Terri



No comments: