A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

We Made It!

The "call" went out several weeks ago about needing 37 quilts for 37 single soldiers returning to the USA in a few weeks to Ft Hood, Texas. My great quilt guild delivered on that call with not only 37 quilts, but one extra, for 38 heading down next week. I have been blogging about the progress and this past retreat weekend brought them all together for the "final" count. Kudos to those who made one or more, quilted them, bound them and put labels on them. Thanks to all the Southern Comforters of Bowie, Maryland who contributed to this super team effort. 

BSoleille!  The bright side of giving back to those who gave so much fighting for a better world. 

Terri
Photo: (back l-r): Pat Scully, Mary Nielsen, Susan Navarro & Janet McCabe; front: Charlotte K and me with a few quilts

No comments: