A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Super Secret Sauce

How surprised was I when my 19 year old son decided to make an entire dinner for us?  He used all the right utensils/pans in the kitchen plus went out to buy all his "secret ingredients" for the  marinade  that he used for the filet mignon. He ended up marinating the steak all day, plus made red potatoes and Asian noodles. Bon Appetite!  The meal was so delicious and I'm very thankful he took on this entire task with very minimum help from me (i.e.,what temp do the potatoes like). As I cleaned up the mess, I kept thinking, isn't the cook supposed to clean up as well?

BSoleille!  The bright side of KP duty (after a great meal prepared by someone else)!

No comments: