A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, October 25, 2013

Vintage and New Quilts

This past Wednesday my guild's program for the evening was a lecture by Mary W. Kerr, who loves to use vintage clothing, textiles and old quilts and repurpose them into something new. She impressively converged "old and old traditions" with something "exciting" from today. 

She is an American Quilt Society certified appraiser and an award winning quilter. She grew up in a family of quilters and has been teaching since 1987. She currently lectures and conduct workshops that focus on quilt history and the preservation of antique textiles.  And, thankfully, this was an ah ha moment to use doiles, hankies, linens, and certain momentos in possible future quilts for me. She was funny in telling her family lore, and terrific in how she blended the many aspects of various fabrics in weaving her stories for today's audience. 

BSoleille!  The bright side of "something old" turning into "something new"!

Photo of Mary Kerr

Terri


No comments: