A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, October 20, 2013

"Girls Rule"

The Van Morrison song "Brown Eyed Girl" was also recorded by Jimmy Buffet in July of 1999 when he added during a percussion stanza, "Put me on that girl's soccer team, I'm ready!  Girls rule!"  I'm sure he was referring to the USA Women's Soccer team after they won the World Cup in early July,   but little (and big girls) playing soccer thought that was the coolest reference to "their sport".  One little girl was my daughter, Olivia, and today marked the culmination of youth, club, high school and college soccer!  Whooohooo!  

The James Madison University Women's Soccer Program was a great fit for her, and it's been a wonderful four years of supporting her and the team.  Today, the senior players with their parents were honored at the start of their last home game as a Lady Duke.  It was a great moment in that we participated in their tradition on the field for the National Anthem by tapping the heels of the player in front of you. The 3-0 win over The College of Charleston was the icing on the top of a wonderful day, and I'm very thankful for that!

BSoleille!  The bright side of Girls Rule!!!!

Terri

Photo of the honored seniors:  Olivia,  Lauren Wilson, Becky Sparks and Haley Miller





No comments: