A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Another Great Milestone

Sixteen years ago today and almost to the minute (as i write this post) my son Ryan was diagnosed with Childhood Leukemia in Annapolis, Maryland. I mention this because to celebrate this wonderful milestone 16 years later Ryan selected a restaurant in Annapolis not far from that pediatric exam room that seems light years away at this moment.

It was truly a roller coaster ride of every emotion and certainly tested our resilience as a family, but I am so very thankful in where Ryan is today medically, physically and spiritually!

A big shout of thanks to the entire medical army at both Georgetown and Duke Medical Centers plus Ryan's bone marrow donor, Scott Harris, in believing in the process to save Ryan's life. You are the best!

BSoleille! The bright side of excellent medical care in the USA!

Terri

No comments: