A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tribute to Alexis Spradling

I just found out today that a little girl I have taken care of numerous times as a health assistant and special needs aide at Central Special School died less than a week ago.  She never spoke a word, was confined to a wheel-chair, was tube fed several times a day and could not do one thing for herself but I feel blessed to have taken care of her.  She helped shape and refine my skills in endless compassion and delicate handling of such a frail young girl.  She was well loved by many and I'll always remember putting her in the cutest swim suits for her swim therapy in the school's pool.  Even with no communication initiated by her, everyone knew she loved the water and her contorted body could finally "relax" while in the water with her instuctor!

My photo is from The Capital a few days after she died.  Rest in peace my little friend!

No comments: