A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

A quilt from the past (2008)

I have the honor to be this year's "featured quilter" for the Southern Comforters Quilt Guild in March.  I have been very busy documenting and cataloging most (trying for all) my work and have plans in the works to make a photo journal of this work as a "legacy" to my children and beyond.  It's has been a great pleasure so far, and great exercise in gathering all this information as I chip away at it every day.  Today, I stopped by a local friend's house for a quilt I had no photo of, but wanted one, to include in my book and hopefully, the upcoming show because I made if for a special little girls' benefit in Crofton, MD back in 2008.  Her name was Cameron Diamond, and I made this quilt (and photo of today) for her fundraiser.  Unfortunately, Cameron passed away shortly after the fundraiser, but her spirit lives on in CAMPOWER in many places!  The family graciously gave me the quilt to also put in the show, and I am thankful for that, because this quilt has a very special meaning to this family (and me)!


BSoleille!
terri

No comments: