A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, August 4, 2019

Would You Go Back to a Flip Phone?

Technology changes all the time, right? Buying a "smartphone" today is great; but tomorrow, something better may come along to replace it and so on and so forth. We can never win at this continuous cycle of "newness."

While cleaning out some drawers recently (thank you, Marie Kondo!), I came across a bag of flip phones, a pager, and an oldie, but a goodie, Palm Pilot. I don't believe anyone can use them nowadays, and I did not have the heart to throw them in the trash, but wondering if life would be a wee bit simpler if we didn't have the entire globe and the proverbial information highway in the palms of our hands each moment of the day.

Personally, I don't think I could go back. For an inanimate object, I love it too much. When used as a tool, it is "priceless" and probably will go down in history as one of the greatest inventions of all time. It connects seven billion people all over the globe and is truly a workhorse day in and day out. I'd rather leave my wallet at home than my phone.

If you really think about it, could you go back to something inferior?

BSoleille!

Terri

Son Ryan threw down his phone (top of photo) to show the difference in sizes





No comments: