A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, August 31, 2019

Play Ball...at Yankee Stadium 

A quick drive up to The Bronx from Crofton, Maryland, gave way to sunny skies and paltry traffic to ease into the Big Apple (about 3.25 hours). Son Ryan, a huge Yankees fan, thought it would be a good idea to go to the game, providing good weather and the drive up. He got both wishes. We are seated and ready for the first pitch: Yankees vs. Oakland Athletics!

Looking forward to visiting the McCarthys on Long Island for the rest of the weekend!
Here’s wishing everyone a labor-free Labor Day Weekend! And for friends in Florida, who have to ride out Dorian, we are thinking of you.

BSoleille! P.S. I initially wrote this blogpost from my perch in the stadium (nosebleed section, but who's complaining?), and waiting for the game to start. I am finishing today's post by adding that the Yankees won in the 11th inning on a walk off home run (4-3). We don't get to see those that often (walk off home runs), so to see the win in that fashion was super fun for sure!

Terri




No comments: