A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, August 3, 2019

Mile Swim, Anyone?

So how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time, right? How about staring down at the lap lanes at the cement pond and wonder if 62 lengths is possible on a given summer day? For our pool, the length is 25 yards, so to swim a mile is 62 back and forths.

The beginning of July when I started this "program," I mustered just 10 laps. The next day a few more until about three weeks into the program, I stared down that lane and cranked out that illusive mile. I was elated since it's been years since I've done it all in one fell swoop. Working in sets of 10 certainly helps, and by the 30's, it's zen like stroking. In my head, I have to keep repeating; 2,2,2,2, until I reach the turn and can say; 3,3,3,3, and so on to 10.

Funny thing, I'm only "competing" with myself and pushing boundaries with my own body and soul. It helps that the water is warm, and with each stroke and kick, the water washes over my back and feels marvelous.

So how do you swim a mile? One stroke, then one lap at a time. Who's in?

BSoleille! The bright side of swimming any lengths in an inviting pool...

Terri


No comments: