A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Southern Comforters Sew-In

My awesome quilt guild was at in again tonight: sewing, making kits, turning "orphan" blocks into families of blocks to eventually turn into a beautiful quilt. I could not attend the last one they held earlier this summer, but was happy to attend tonight's "event". Quilter Extraordinaire, Flo Marion, organized both "sew-ins", and our "small", but mighty, guild responded kindly and got straight to work at several work stations (mine being my sewing machine). I believe three or four quilts were sewn (blocks were already kitted for ease) and were finished right then and there!

The quilt tops from today, and from the last sew-in (an on-going project) will be quilted and donated to our community quilts mission of providing quilts to local pediatric wards in two hospitals, plus our annual quilt Bingo, and now our guild is going international, with 30 quilts traveling to the Black Lion's Children's Hospital in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia! I will be traveling to Ethiopia soon with my son Ryan's Pediatric Oncologist, Dr. Aziza Shad, and her Aslan Project Team. It's a dream to be able to make this happen, and I am so thankful to every guild member who worked on, quilted, or made the colorful quilts to brighten up the children's area of their dire hospital there.

BSoleille!
Terri

PS Stay tuned for more details on the upcoming trip!

Photos from today's sew-in, and one suitcase (so far) filled with 21 quilts!

Quilts for Ethiopia

Quilters at work; Flo in blue checkered dress

Pat Scully holding up an example of a "Dinosaur" Quilt!



No comments: