A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Second Chance

There is a house on my street that is in the process of "deconstruction". What that means is "the process of removing a building by taking it apart in reverse order of construction."  It has been a very interesting project and they are in the second week of deconstructing. The workers are very methodical by taking a two story home down one two-by-four at a time. (Also removing the nails from each board!)

However, according to their website: www.secondchanceinc.org this organization creates "green collar jobs" by taking apart buildings that would otherwise be demolished and dumped into a landfill. They then offer the reclaimed materials to the public at a discount, helping fund jobs and workforce programs. 

BSoleille!  The bright side of repurposing a deconstructed home! (And I won't mention the neighbors said it was "haunted")

Terri

No comments: