A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, June 16, 2014

World Cup 2014

I wanted to post a few days ago how excited I was for the World Cup to begin group play. Since June 12th I have tried to watch as many matches as I can, as the action is swift, the athletes are at their best, and the patriotism from every country represented is met with crazy passion!  What's not to like?

So far, I must admit, the matches are simply fantastic. Lots of goals being scored which makes for exciting plays. The 5-1 game (Netherlands beating World Cup Champs Spain) was a stunner!!!

But today, (and I am totally biased) was the best game yet as "our" USA team took the pitch against arch rivals, Ghana. It was a track meet (all sprints) with a ball. And now, could we all be thankful that Clint Dempsey scored 32 seconds into the match?  Unbelievable!!

Looking forward to more incredible matches from all 32 teams. 

BSoleille!  The bright side of World Cup Soccer:  photo is what the USA team did today!

Terri


No comments: