A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Summer Solstice Wedding

A rainy Friday along the coast of Lake Erie gave way to a breathtaking sunny Saturday for the summer solstice wedding of Carmen and Eric Nedrow on Kelley's Island, Ohio. Carmen is the daughter of my dear college friends, Scot and Jodie Smith. The marriage ceremony was at their home on the "tip" of the island, with the sparkling lake as the backdrop. 

The outdoor reception was held at the Kelley's Island Brewery with lots of family and friends sharing in the celebration. 

Please forgive my longer post today as I am combining two days in one (cellular service is Very Sporadic on the island. Once at the campground (yes, we finally pitched the tent!), Verizon thinks we are in Canada!

I am thankful to have shared Carmen and Eric's special day with my family, The Smith Family, and our college friends: Tom, Rosalie and Josh Franek; Laura and Mark Neal; and Chris and Mona Koehler!

Photos of the beautiful bride Carmen and her Dad Scot, Jodie reading at the ceremony, bride and groom, and our gang in various photos throughout the day!

BSoleille!  The bright side of a beautiful day from sun up to sun set ("Fiddler on the Roof" channeling!)

Terri














No comments: