A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Carrot Soup

Do you ever eat something that instantly reverts you back to your childhood? (Unlike a song on the radio, possibly?) Maybe it's the smell, ethnicity of the dish (as the one I'm posting about today), or that my two favorite aunts made it perfectly that brought me back to "that time" faster than a New York minute.  This all happened this afternoon when I went out to lunch with a dear friend at a local restaurant in Crofton, Maryland, called "Allison's".  The waitress casually mentioned that the soup of the day was, "carrot soup", and thinking it could not possibly be as good as my aunts' version, I initially hesitated in my answer.  After talking it over with my lunch companion, we both agreed it sounded wonderful, and quickly ordered two bowls, along with the other special, fried green tomatoes.

Thankfully, the carrot soup was super delicious, and just about as good as I remembered my aunts making it (I think the last time I had their version was my sophomore year in college). Culinary awakenings at its finest.  And for good measure, the fried green tomato dish was also excellent.

BSoleille!  The bright side of carrot soup, good for the soul!
Terri


No comments: