A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Queen Anne's Lace

Some folks may consider the Queen Anne's Lace "flower" a roadside weed, but this is one of my favorite flowers - weed or no weed. I find beauty in the tiny white and very intricate lacy florets. Believe it or not it is a member of the carrot family, is quite an aggressive plant, and is biennial so it lives only 2 years. And the most intriguing is the darkly colored floret just off center above the rest for no apparent reason.

BSoleille! Enjoying the bright white flower heads of Queen Anne's Lace.
Terri

No comments: