A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Last Day at "Camp"

Besides the usual "camp classes" of biking and running/walking, swimming and beach time, I'm thankful that I got in some "retail therapy" as well with Jodie and her daughter Carmen. We each bought a little something while out on our excursion. (photo today of the three of us)

And lastly, when you go away to camp when you are 10 years old or even 50, there always seems to be an interesting cast of characters that you meet. This week was no different for Jodie and me. We met pool Dads' Teddy (wife Judy) and Bill; Nick from South Philly whom we met waiting on a bridge near Cape May while we were on bicycles; he in a big pick up truck with accent and all (and gave a complete description of the making of "Rocky" in 1976 in front of his Fathers' store - without a single question from us!); Otto and Sue from Colorado and our "favorite", JoAnn, the 69 year old dainty lady women's clothing sales clerk who rides the biggest Harley money could buy (her words). She also has several leather jackets and speeds on her Harley when she can get away with it! Too funny.

BSoleille! Finding the sunny side of "shore camp"!
Terri

No comments: