A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, March 20, 2021

Spring Solstice with a Piano Recital!

I would like to share with all of you the power of community; this time the power of my Writing In Community and a person I met last summer on our journeys of writing a book through the Akimbo platform, MIchele Stanners. I shared the Akimbo website for those interested in writing as the new class was forming--there are still openings for the WIC2. All you need is 15 minutes a day, every day for six months. I love the habit I've gotten myself into each day. You can invest as much or as little as you want to, there are no tests or teachers or grades. https://www.akimbo.com/writingincommunity

A week or so before my surgery in February, Michele Stanners asked what she can do for me during my recovery. My standard answer is a prayer for me and my surgeon’s hands on surgery day, or thoughts of well-wishes in recovery. Since she lives in Calgary, CANADA, and I live in Maryland, there are not too many tangible things to offer or drop off at the house that easily.

We then came up with a plan on a piano concert (she is an excellent pianist!) in the future. Fast forward to today (the future), and a solstice concert was born through the technology of FaceTime. Michele tickled her ivories on a beautiful deep burgundy colored K Kawai piano that amazed and inspired me through each song/classic compositions.

Her dynamic repertoire including numbers by Debussy, Mozart (my favorite), Bach, Yann Tiersen and Chopin. She finished the most covered song of the modern age that everyone knows; Somewhere Over the Rainbow by composer Harold Arlen! She brought my house down with her magnificent skills in serenading me that, hands down, blew me away!

In addition to the 4-part Toccata by Mozart, she added in Fantasia he composed in D minor. She had me do an exercise when I listened to the entire composition that I will share tomorrow!

Thank you, Michele. You lifted my spirits and heart way, way over that rainbow!

BSoleille!

Terri



No comments: