A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Banner Week for the "Big Shots"

It all started for us with the Covid-19 shots last Friday with Ryan getting the Pfizer at M&T Bank Stadium. I followed up with mine this past Monday at the same place where Ryan went—a two hour wait time and a queue that looped us around to a tune of 1.5 miles (Pfizer also). In Maryland, the 60 and over group began yesterday and Bill, with "The Best Daughter's" help, was able to secure an appointment today near the beach in Salisbury, Maryland (about 30 miles outside of Ocean City, MD). 

When Bill asked me if I wouldn't mind taking a drive out to the beach, I was all in. The sun was shining yesterday and I thought that sunshine would carry over to today and the drive would be awesome. Instead we were met with driving 100 miles in liquid sunshine—AKA pouring down rain. It never deterred us, and we rolled up to the civic center (drive through shot) with nary a wait. Bill got he Pfizer.

Since we thought we would have a wait, but did not, we decided to head over to the ocean for a looksie. The skies cleared a bit (still grey and cloudy) and I ambled on down to the beach to touch the water. Yep, the ocean is still there and wet (and cold!). As I was turning back up to the Rehoboth Boardwalk, the rain started once again. Thankfully, Thrasher's Fries was open for business, and I ordered a medium sized bucket of fries with vinegar. This became our lunch for the two of us! Bill got his favorite Dunkin' Donuts coffee, and we were back on the road again and home in less than 2 hours! 

I also want to add how my experience was on this past Monday even though I had a long wait time. EVERYONE was super polite. Everyone social distanced as requested. The nurses, staff and military combined did an OUTSTANDING job with all their lined up patients! I was simply amazed on how this Mass Vax site is able to vaccinate around 5000 people a day.

We all go back in three weeks for our #2 shots. Hopefully the ride out to the beach next time will be sunny and bright!

BSoleille!

Terri





No comments: