A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, July 30, 2018

Treatment for Clothing and Gearing Up for Ethiopia Trip

As I am preparing for my trip to Ethiopia (leaving on Saturday), it was recommended to me to spray insect repellent on most of my clothing to be on the safe side...of mosquitoes and ticks and other creepy crawlers. Maybe it's a "placebo" for the clothing, but I'll take it and hope for the best. My shots have been updated, and I also got a few more (Hep A, Cholera (it's taken as a drink), Typhoid (pills) and a polio booster). I begin my Malaria pills in a couple days. Whew!

However, I believe all this planning will be worth it once 30 quilts will be placed, and grace the beds of the Black Lion Hospital in Addis Ababa; of course with love and affection from the Southern Comforters Quilt Guild stitched into everyone of them. I am honored and thrilled to be going on this adventure; and the children's wing in the hospital is awaiting patiently for the quilts to brighten up the rooms. I plan on taking many photos and will share once I have working wifi in the area.

Indeed, I will be even more excited once I have my updated passport in my hands (Wednesday!). It's cutting it close, I realize, but as long as I get it, then all is good and all go!

BSoleille!
Terri

 

No comments: