A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

14.5 Hours

That is how many hours I listened to the book on tape: "The Devil in the White City" by Erik Larson (2003). Thankfully, I was able to listen to most of  it while sewing at my dining room table. I hear the book book is just as grand to read, but to have it read out loud is simply a royal treat I have to admit. 

What I loved most about the book was the exquisite detail provided about the 1893 Chicago's World Fair in conjunction with a psychopathic murderer in the White City over 100 years ago. Larson's prose is so good that I felt I was on the midway enjoying the sites, or waiting in line to get on the Ferris wheel; all very exciting. It was a captivating true story about the building of the fair and all that it entailed to pull off on such a grand scale, did I mention this was in 1893?! Amazing truly. 

BSoleille! The bright side of "time travel" through a good book...on tape/CD. 

Terri
Photo of Lucy loving this snow and staying out on it for hours!!!

No comments: