A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Richmond Half Marathon 2015

For an entire year I could never let go of the fact I ran a 2:01 half marathon (13.1 miles) in Richmond in 2014 (and was "this close" to breaking 2 hours...), so I "vowed" to myself last year to run a little more and run a few longer runs and signup to do it again this year with the hope of breaking that barrier. Mind you, this is in the "new era" of running and "racing" over 50!

Fast forward exactly one year ago to today and my goal at the start was to smash that time. Thankfully, with a little help from my friend, Linda Misencik, we not only beat it, but shaved off five minutes from last years' time. It was a fabulous day of perfect temperatures for November with brilliant sunshine and a good course through the city of Richmond, Virginia. Our "team" also included "The Best Daughter" and friend, Ryan Collier, who both finished fantastically.

In order of finishing: Ryan 1:31; Olivia 1:40: Linda 1:55 and me, 1:56!!

BSoleille! The bright side of a PR in the "golden era"! And the fans who came out to cheer us on: Laura and Liz!

Terri



No comments: