A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Crayon Connection

Our Special Love Parent Weekend at the George Washington Inn Hotel in Winchester, VA, went off without a hitch. I am thankful that several new couples were able to join in our relaxing and thoughtful weekend. We began with an exercise of coloring with crayons (we each got a new box, and I learned I use crayons very intensely!), that touched upon relaxation techniques associated with PTSD and all that entails with dealing in childhood cancer. 

Many connections were made at a psycho-social level in dealing with said stress, along with the connections the parents made amoungst themselves. That is the true beauty of accommodating a need found in this particular community of dedicated parents to their children (both with cancer and their siblings without). 

Lastly, our guest speaker this morning, Jeff Quelet, a 33 year cancer survivor (diagnosed at age 10), really put in perspective that it takes a village, plus a camp as special as Camp Fantastic and all that it entails, to help heal cancer kids through mind, body and soul! 

BSoleille! The bright side of "running away to camp" for parents (even if for a short weekend!)

Photos of Jeff Quelet, our SL Team:
Marilyn Eichner, Sharon Johnsen, me, Shari Fisher and Maureen Lilly, and my intense coloring page along with my husband's page (softer touch with his crayons). 



No comments: