A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Bethany Beach Triathlon

I am thankful for a "warmish" morning because the first leg of a triathlon is the swim. And the swim portion was the leg I was most "worried" about (sharks, kicks to the head, big waves and big gulps of salt water if you are not careful on the breathing), but for some uncanny reason, it was the best part of the race for me. 

But even better than the swim, bike and run was the fact this was the first triathlon for both me and "the best daughter", Olivia! And she did fantastic, placing 2nd in her age group. For me, the gift was simply to finish. Mission accomplished!

A big shout out to the First Responders of Bethany Beach and surrounding areas for such a well run event in all aspects. On a personal level, another shout out of thanks to our cheerleaders: Marilyn and Danielle Eichner, and Olivia's friends Rachel and Danielle, plus our gracious hostess (with the mostest) Rosemary Klein, of Bethany, Delaware, who has super comfy beds for a good night's sleep, along with good pies (that's what people say) and even better conversations, especially on the beach. 

Our day ended with a restaurant meal with Kathy and Jon Russell and Rosemary in Rehoboth, and the best ice cream at Vanderwende's in Dewey Beach. 

BSoleille!
Terri





No comments: