A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day 2015

I think it is terrific that we listen to the top 500 Rock and Roll songs countdown, go on a picnic, run a race (bike, run, swim),visit with friends and family, cut the lawn and other yard tasks, paddle a canoe or kayak on a lake or river, watch a sporting event (either live or on TV), play with our cats and dogs, shop, go to the movies, or watch a parade, it is all good and made possible because of our armed forces keeping us safe here and around the world. 

With all that being said, I would like to pause a moment to THANK our many men and women in uniform, who sacrifice their time, energy and, ultimately, their lives to let freedom ring across our great land. Several members of my husband's family have served (Alex/Army); retired (Stevie and Paul/Air Force); Jim Williams (veteran of Vietnam and National Guard); Pam Hayden/Air Force; and Casey Hayden who continues to serve in the Air Force today. 

Posthumously, I would like to thank my Daddy, John (Nowacki) Nolan for his time serving in the Army during the Korean conflict beginning in 1950. His Army photo below. 

BSoleille!
Terri

No comments: