A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, April 3, 2015

Tracy's Kids in the "News"!

I have made several blog posts in the past about Tracy's Kids, an art therapy program that started at Georgetown and made a huge difference in lessening the "agony" of all those days spent in the Peds/Hem/Onc Clinic and up on the floor.  But this is the 10th year of her Red Carpet Event that highlights members of the political community who are helping advance and spread the word about childhood cancer and how they help kids and families with coping mechanisms such as Tracy's Kids.  Comcast, in the last few years, has begun a feature on this event, and my son Ryan has a sliver of an interview about 2:00 minutes in the 4:36 minute clip.  Art Therapy works, as I saw it with my own eyes over many years that kids and families just "get", while undergoing therapies.  Lots of gratitude to Tracy's Kids at Georgetown, and now, all the many more hospitals it serves!

Please take a moment to watch the video:

BSoleille!

Terri

No comments: