A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Substitute Teacher Apology Letters

If you have ever been a substitute teacher, and realize what a tough job it really is (and I am not kidding), often times apology letters abound. Today while cleaning out the kitchen closets I came upon all my "sub" stuff which included many letters written from students who could not behave themselves while I was in their classroom. They date back to 2003, and looking back, I am thankful that the regular classroom teacher "taught" that skill of apology when warranted.  

The "good" kids just drew pictures for me as you can see from the flag. But a smile came quickly over my face when I picked up the one you see in the center of today's photo: "please can you be my girlfriend",  with boxes for yes or no. I do not remember if it was a boy or girl who penned that one, but that does not matter. It is the thought that counted!

BSoleille!  The bright side of the art of apology!

Terri 

No comments: