A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Purple Painted Toe Nails

I am going to admit here today that I have never had a "mani-pedi" AKA manicure or pedicure in my life. I have also never painted my toe nails (yes to fingernails in my teens) until this past Saturday. My friend Rosalie (plus her SO, Tom, and son, Josh) really lobbied for her to paint my toe nails because; a) she said the color she had would match my dress (as well as it did hers), and b) she claimed it was time to break my strong hold on the "never painted nails" thing. I took the leap and let her do it!

Funny thing was that I had a hard time "adjusting" to my newly painted toes, (they looked like someone else's feet) and that it took my husband three days to notice (I have only gone barefoot or worn sandals since the reveal). He could not believe it either!!

BSoleille!  The "bright" side of purple painted toe nails. Mine on the left in photo, Rosalie's on right-pretty!

Terri


No comments: