A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Kelley's Island 2014

1,079 miles were traveled this weekend to Ohio but all worth it now that we are home and safe. From the Ohio Boys Baseball Championship that my nephew played in Columbus, to the shores of Lake Erie on Kelley's Island, lots of fun, sun and run were all top billing!  Not even a steady rain shower early this morning was going to deter the race, and thankfully, by race time at 10:45, it had stopped. 

"The Best Daughter" and her BFF, Liz, ran the 10K together along with the Misencik's, everyone else in our group who ran did the 5K. Whoohoo!

A big shout out to Jodie Smith who ran the race with me, albeit at a slower pace (me). 

BSoleille!  The bright side of "summer" fun!

Photos from the weekend: Bike rides, kayaking, Kelley's Island Winery, and lots of "selfies" compliments of Don Tomoff!!!









No comments: