A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Hand Made Christmas Tree

Yesterday I drove to Alexandria, Virginia to drop off several customer tshirt quilts at Upcycle CRC in the Del Ray area of Alexandria. What intrigued me was this "granny squared" (both knitted and crocheted) layers of an hand made tree. All the ornaments were also "hand" made and very sweet as they each had a prominent spot on the tree. The city has a competition on the best one in town and I think this one could win (using recycled materials). I am thankful to enjoy the season admiring other highly decorated trees!

BSoleille!  The bright side of a decorated tree using recycled and hand made items. 

Terri

1 comment: