A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Meet My New Bee-Mates...

Social distancing is a real thing, of course, and even a little old sewing bee cannot happen in these scary times, sigh. The buzz from my "regular" bee-mates is undeniably missing for me, sew..., I decided to "form" a new hive with my "office mates" and aptly named it: "Men at Work."

In minutes, I learned quickly that these cross-pollinators definitely needed some work in the cutting and sewing department skill set, and they were in no mood for a bee dance. I think they thought my brood chamber was a bunch of beeswax.

Quickly, my honey bees (Bill and Ryan) decided that this hive was not for them, and buzzed back to their own colony involving computers. Can you believe these drones wanted to go back to that over sewing machines and cutting mats? And all that scrap management I am currently working on? The nerve!

BSoleille! The bright side of this worker bee ready to swarm the rest of my scraps!

Terri

My drones: Bill and Ryan




No comments: