A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Happy Birthday Maryland - 386 Years Old!

Though my entire immediate family was born in Ohio, and still consider ourselves "native buckeyes," living in the state of Maryland for close to 24 years now has been a true pleasure. I am thankful to be a "adopted" by this "Old Line State," and enjoy its amenities immensely. Living close to Washington DC, Baltimore and Annapolis (and the Chesapeake Bay), has through the years, afforded my family and guests that have visited us a plethora of interesting things to get lost in. From the beaches in Ocean City on the Eastern Shore, to the Appalachian Trail and Deep Creek in the mountains of the West, this Freestate has got it all!

So it behooves me to salute the State of Maryland on its 386th Birthday, hope for safety of all Marylanders (and the rest of the country and world), and trustfully know that we all will get back to our lives, albeit it will be a bit different I suspect (at least at first.)

BSolielle! The bright side of Maryland Crabs on a hot summer day with a cold beer and lots of Old Bay!

Terri

Photos from the grocery chain store Wegman's, and their Maryland display...




 

No comments: