A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, March 20, 2020

Flashback Friday - 2019 Southern Comforters Quilt Show

A dagger got my heart when 3:30 this afternoon rolled around and my phone reminded me that: "Traffic is light driving to the Bowie Annex." This was, of course, our day to set up for, our now canceled, quilt show. So much work was involved "behind the scenes" in hosting the event, and our team comprised of Wendy Allen and Susie Stevenson and me, plus Jacque Nino, did a huge bulk of the work in prepping "on paper" how the entire show would enfold at this new, for us, location.

In the next hour, as I opened my computer with a rolling screen of my photographs, a photo of last years' set up lit up my screen, much to my amazement.

My hope that our "sequestering" can help some of our quilters to begin/finish/dream about quilts to accomplish for next years show.

BSoleille!

Terri

Photos from last years show at Samuel Ogle Middle School in Bowie, Maryland...below is Flo Marion with our guild's community quilt efforts.



Raffle Quilt ticket sales: Joyce Stier and Judith Keane 
Janet McCabe our Vendor Chair

Admission with Holly Novak and Ann Bauman

Members in action!

Take town...

Wendy Allen; Jeff Butler (keeps our site well-maintained) and me




No comments: