A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Southern Comforters at the Ethiopian Embassy in Washington DC!

A delightful evening was shared with three guild members of the Southern Comforters Quilt Guild supporting the efforts of the Aslan Project (provided over 30 quilts last summer) and Dr. Aziza Shad. Walking into the embassy was, for a moment, taking me back to the great country of Ethiopia with its music, flags and food (injera!). In addition to the African vibe, my husband and I were happy to spread the idea that "all children are precious" with Florence Marion and Susie Stevenson, guild members representing all the members who donated quilts last year for that effort in supplying beautiful quilts to the Mother Teresa home in Addis Ababa.

This quote by Dr. Aziza Shad, co-founder and Medical Director of the Aslan Project, sums up the grass roots efforts of what a caring group of people can do:

"Children are children everywhere. Children with cancer should be able to have access to treatment no matter where they are born or their color, creed, religion or socioeconomic status. I'm excited, as we continue our work, that one day it will be possible to turn around and say that the children of Ethiopia and other countries in Africa now have the same chance to fight cancer as children in any other country do."

I am/we are profoundly grateful to Dr. Shad and the Aslan Project Team for providing world-class care in low and middle-income countries; paving the way to show that pediatric cancers can be treated in these low-resource settings just as they are in more fortunate countries!

BSoleille!

Terri

Photo below of Bill; Dr. Shad; Florence Marion; Susie Stevenson and me



Florence Marion; Susie Stevenson and me




No comments: