A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, January 7, 2019

Remote Control(s)

Remember when the remote control was the kid sister or brother? They were kind of "forced" to get off the sofa to change the channel (and there was a whopping three to choose from...) because that's the way it was. Those kid sisters or brothers were lucky if someone just happened to be walking into the TV room that would be nice enough to switch channels for them. It was then a "miracle", or perhaps, a "godsend" when the remote was easily accessible and got into the hands of the masses around the world.

So, how many remotes does one need nowadays? To work one TV, we may need two or three (that's including the easily lost Apple TV remote that is as big as a stick of gum, and gets buried in the quilts/blankets/cushions. While visiting over the holidays, I noticed seven remotes for what it looked like one TV, though I cannot be sure. What I can say is that is surely a lot of remotes, and I would be very confused in trying to find the right one to turn on the doggone "thing" for sure!

BSoleille! The bright side of choosing the correct remote!

Terri


No comments: