A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, January 28, 2019

AAA to the Rescue

I am very grateful that I have been a AAA member since age 16, as it has definitely "paid off" on several occasions with the various vehicles owned through the years. Their service for changing tires, helping with break-downs on highways, byways and driveways, (in any type of weather), plus battery jumps and tows to a service station is unquestionably the best deal in town!

Today was one of those days that one of our cars would not start (dead battery, and hopefully that is all) and parked in the garage. It's a hybrid with a funky way to jump-start it so it was best to have it towed (their suggestion). A simple call to AAA this morning (plus renewing our membership until 2020); and, by golly, a tow truck was in my driveway in 30 minutes to transport it to our local service station. And I must admit, they have been delivering that great customer service for over 100 years - since 1902 to be exact!

Who remembers those awesome TripTiks with the indispensable maps? I loved those things and flipping the pages over while we traveled the miles to reach the final page and the final destination. If you went into an AAA office back in the day, a kind lady would highlight the trip in a green or yellow highlighter.

BSoleille! The bright side of a shout of Thanks to our local AAA for providing their continued excellent service!

Terri


No comments: