A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, January 6, 2019

"Manicured" Turf Soccer Fields at Indian Creek Upper School

Winter soccer leagues have started up in the state of Maryland, and this weekend saw lots of action by several local teams. I am thankful to be able to run around and referee these "fast and furious" games; six total for the weekend (all boys games from U13's to U18's) and 20+ miles of running over the course of the two days (which averaged about 3.5 miles/game).

My sixth game was coached by "The Best Daughter's" Club Coach, Tony McPeak, so it was a kind of "reunion" for both of us. His son, Anthony, was the goalkeeper at this U13 game and did a fantastic job in goal. Unfortunately they lost, but I loved to see him and all the kids playing their hearts out to the final whistle; win - lose- or draw.

BSoleille! The bright side of Youth Soccer, "manicured" turf fields and the "beautiful game" matches throughout the weekend.

Terri





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a girlfriend that works there. They are looking into all new buildings also.