A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Unexpected Knitted Socks

Some of the best gifts received are those that are totally unexpected. Yesterday I received a box sent by Bee-mate, Mary Nielsen, who lives in Florida, of gifts for our entire bee that we will exchange later this month. Once I let her know the box arrived safely, she inquired whether or not I opened it. I replied, "no", and she encouraged me to open it since there was "something" in the box for me.

Lo and behold, right on top was a hand-knitted pair of blue socks (and a lollipop) that Mary made especially for me! I am thrilled to have a pair knitted by Mary, and thankful beyond measure of these comfy and fit perfectly pair of socks. I sincerely appreciate all those who knit because I'm not good at it. I've tried to knit on several occasion (with Mary as my instructor) and get all mixed up with purls and knits and counting stitches and such. I've decided to stick to quilting...

BSoleille!

Terri


No comments: