A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Quilts for Kids at Medstar Georgetown University Hospital

Not only did Ryan and I meet with the Washington Capitals yesterday, compliments of Tracy's Kids and Hope for Henry, at Medstar Georgetown Hospital, we were able to haul three bags of lovingly crafted quilts by my guild; Southern Comforters of Bowie, MD, for the staff to distribute to the kids and families who are  typically newly diagnosed patients. It's a program we have supported since 2000, and I could not be more proud of all the members of my quilt guild who work tirelessly in giving to others with these beautiful and treasured quilts to the pediatric oncology unit for 18 years - amazing!

I'm thankful that Tracy, Ryan and I were able to "sneak" back to her office to show her some of the quilts after the chaos of the Caps subsided, and also take a couple of photos with Tracy and Dr. Corinna Gonzalez (one of Ryan's former docs at Georgetown).

BSoleille! The bright side of giving quilts to peds/oncology patients and their families.

Terri






No comments: