A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Super Energy at Maryland State High School Track Meet

As the Winter Olympics continue to impress the world at the highest level of competition, this evening I/we helped cheer on a local track runner, Michael Flanagan, at the State of Maryland High School Indoor Track Championships in Landover, Maryland. It's been awhile since I've been a spectator at in indoor track meet, so I'm thankful we went to this one. The energy was off the charts, the kids were super fast, and the crowds were cheering on all the kids no matter what school they were from. Mike ran a "double", the 1600M and 800M, and placed well in each event representing South River High School in Edgewater, Maryland. His Mom Georgia, hubby Bill and I, also cheered Mike on in each lap of a 200M track he ran (lots of laps!).

Interestingly, the weather was warm enough that the track meet could have been an outdoor meet with temperatures in the upper 70's late into this afternoon...

BSoleiille!

Terri


No comments: