A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Gold Medals for USA

These 2018 Olympic Games are several days in already, and I am impressed with the athletes from all over the world competing for their country, their hometowns, their coach(es), and ultimately, for themselves. To win gold, it's certainly not easy, so what makes one dig a little deeper to pull off the "impossible?" Is it more desire perhaps? Tonight's Men's Half-Pipe win from American Shaun White is a perfect example of going the distance to really compete and do the "unthinkable" and win the gold medal in a come from behind moment. He must thrive on the pressure and do his best work to go for the win. Amazing! I think therein lies the beauty of the Games; the thrill of victory....and the agony of defeat (from ABC Wide World of Sports).

BSoleille!
Terri


No comments: