A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Rich Flanagan Sets a Second World Record

Richard Flanagan of Crofton, Maryland, out did himself this picturesque morning with his SECOND Guinness Book of World records...this time with a 100 meter dash (on one wheel) wheelie!!! It’s not every day one gets to witness this unbelievable feat in athletics. I am so thankful that I and many were able to cheer him on to “victory”! Rich’s time of 10.85 seconds will be hitting the official books once Guinness gives the affirmative nod (lots of paper work and official documents need to be sent in which takes time). 

A wonderful crowd of family and friends came out to support Rich and his entire family at the South River High School in Edgewater, Maryland! A very loud “Woohoo!!!!!” does not even “cover” the diligence and passion Rich has for the love of one wheel riding and his commitment to break World Records!

Rich is simply an amazing guy along with grit and guts that’s unmatched in everything he does...and I’m not kidding. Those that know him well can and will attest to that fact!

BSoleille! The very bright side (star quality) of #2 Guinness Book of World Record for Rich Flanagan!

Terri


No comments: