A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Doing Good Work - The Aslan Project 

I am thankful to have had an evening out to support and report that the Aslan Project www.aslanproject.org continues to do transformative work in Ethiopia, and now, developing a partnership for pediatric cancer programs in Nairobi, Kenya too. 

Most kids diagnosed with cancer in the US and in high-resource countries have an 80% survival rate (and many cured), but this is just the opposite in low and middle-income countries which is devastatingly sad to those kids and families who also fight the good fight as well.  

Believe it or not, the average cost of treatment in low-resource settings is $1,000, as opposed to over several hundred thousand dollars to treat pediatric cancers in the US. I think it’s simply fantastic to give these kids around the world a fighting chance; so why would we not?

Dr. Aziza Shad (Ryan’s doc) is the founding medical director of the Aslan Project and works tirelessly for children worldwide to beat cancer in all its “forms”. I couldn’t be more proud of all her efforts (and many behind the scenes) to bring hope to thousands of deserving children. 

BSoleille!

Terri


No comments: