A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, July 17, 2017

Wildflowers of Colorado

While in Crested Butte, CO, and camping with little or no cell service, Linda Misencik and I did our best to communicate via our cells, but mostly when we got back into town. I have been viewing the photos I took of the trip West, and took many of the beautiful wildflowers blooming throughout the state of Colorado in late June/early July (thanks to everyone who I was with on being patient with me as I stopped 'everywhere' to take photos of them...even close to mountain tops - I saw those eyes rolling...!). A blog post from that time included a few "blurry" photos of some wildflowers I took, but I was trying to use the wifi in the restaurants to post, and did not do a good job of posting "good ones".  Fingers crossed as I hope the few posted today will make up for the blurred ones!

Curiously enough, my first photo is when we were camping 20 miles North of Crested Butte, and came back from a hike near Lost Lake and the Gunnison National Forest, when we happened to notice the flowers on the windshield of my car. No note was attached and we really never talked to anyone except for the guy at check-in. It was certainly a nice gesture...and "coincidentally" all Colorado wildflowers that "we" were on the "hunt" for the whole trip ;).

BSoleille! The bright side of "chivalry" in wildflowers...

Terri








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Terri they are beautiful as always.