A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, July 31, 2017

NeedleOnFull

I must admit, getting my website to go live (even though I had some help trying to get my website up and running - Thank you to Josh Franek and Casey Sumpter), I was scared to death of it all working and coming together over the last year. The hosting site says it is all "so easy", and probably to a lot of folks it is, but not to me...initially. I finally faced the last hurdle to go live when an article came out in a local publication for the month of August, Living in the Triangle, about me and my quilt guild's (Southern Comforters of Bowie, Maryland) mission to give back to a community, ours being the Pediatric Cancer Wards of Medstar Georgetown and Baltimore's Sinai Hospitals. The writer, James Harvey, also included my website (which was under construction for far too long), which I thought was very generous. The unfortunate thing though, no one could reach me until today!

Thankfully, a reader of Living in the Triangle was persistent in finding me and made a valiant effort to reach me for a tshirt quilt she wanted to have custom made...but not through the website that was published because I needed to link my domain name to the site, and that was the hang up for too long. So today, our nephew, Alex Tomoff (a rising senior at Penn State and savvy enough around a computer and website construction), visited us today. He is in town for an internship this week with NOA, and had dinner with us, along with helping me finally go "live" with needleonfull.com

I did muscle the information needed to incorporate the domain name and website host site, but for the life of me, couldn't figure out how to "marry" them together. A simple phone call to Google Domains was all that was needed to go live, and I am so excited it is now working. This site is not perfect by any means, and there will be tweaking of the site as I learn more, but I am excited and happy to roll this out today! A big Shout of Thanks to Alex in helping me overcome the hurdle and make this "dream" a reality.

BSoleille!
Terri

Photos from the evening...with Alex and family




1 comment:

Courtney said...

I'm SO excited about Needle on Full! I have a box of Ellie's special clothes and I've started a box for Kate. I never knew where I would find a quilter and now I do!

If you need a testimonial, I had all of Caleb's VT football t-shirts made into a quilt. IT was perfect! He wasn't wearing them any longer but he didn't want to let them go. Now we have a warm, comfy quilt full of memories!

Congratulations and all the best!